Friday, June 17, 2005

Corporate Media folly

My letter to the editor of the Dallas morning news:
Quick question. I've just gone back through the last three editions (6/15-6/17) of the Dallas Morning News and have yet been unable to find the story on Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin and his remarks (click for video) comparing American interrogators at Guantanamo Bay to Nazis, Soviet gulags and Khmer Rouge leader Pol Pot? I really appreciate the knowledge that Bush aides are millionaires. You were even able to find space to report on the need for detainees rights being defined but, where's the related story that a U.S. Senator became completely unhinged over the issue and compared U.S. servicemen to some of the most prolific murderers in history? It's not in the paper to which I subscribe. Why do I subscribe again?

No comments: