Thursday, June 30, 2005

Catatrophic Moment? I'll show you Catatrophic Moment!


...says Kenny Rogers

Yowzer...Ok so this is what going completely ape nuts in front of the entire world looks like. Kenny Rogers decided he was tired of taking all that crap off the video cameras on Wednesday. The 1st pic below shows you Kenny Rogers in his last moment of sanity before attacking "offending" camera #1. The one above is actually the build up for Mr. Rogers (definitely not THE Mr. Rogers) strategic strike on cameral #2. Pics 2 and 3 in the series below show what happens when injured left hands, video equipment, and photo journalist are introduced to the wonderful world of physics. . .








So Kenny finally decided to walk away, had to get his stretching in, you know. He gets half way out, when as you can see below, he decides that spunky little camera hasn’t had enough. The teammate makes a half-hearted attempt to stop him, but to no avail (left). BTW, doesn’t this show you the weight Kenny has in the room when a teammate, after witnessing him go postal, thinks, “Ah, let him go, he’s rolling.” Anyway, more of Kenny Rogers Global War on photographic equipment ensues. That camera is finally down (center) and it knows who’s boss now because Kenny kicks it (not pictured). A teammate (Ron Barajas) finally attempts to corral him , but that just allows Rogers to move on (right) to yet another camera brave enough to hang around a combat zone. Luckily, that the camera transport (a.k.a. cameraman, video journalist, human) was able to get out of there.









Unfortunately, everyone wasn’t so lucky.

The big question, though, is why? Why would a guy who’s having the best year of his career at age 41 go off on a group of people who had not and were not doing anything to him? Yeah, I don’t know. He didn’t like that fact that some people questioned his willingness to play through pain. Maybe he didn’t like the way some members of the Rangers organization did the same. Maybe he's ticked because he can’t get the new contract he wants. But guess what. I don’t care. He’s either a freaking psycho or a freaking moron. There’s some talk whether he should ever pitch again. I’m not sure I’m ready to say Rogers shouldn’t, but he should definitely pay for this. Suspend him. Fine him. Maybe even tar and feather.
More importantly (well, to me more than those camera guys), this is just one more in a litany of things that makes me not like this organization. It’s sad that even as all the Rangers officials were saying the right things after the fact, I couldn’t really trust that they would do the right thing. I wasn’t even sure they weren’t complicit somehow and might even be glad that they had a tangible reason to cut Rogers loose. Read
T.R.'s article from Tuesday and tell me that you're sure that Rangers are 100% behind Rogers. Some of Tom Hicks' own comments about Kenny yesterday made me think that he didn't quite buy the whole "My pinky hurts story" either. All that to say, I wish Tom Hicks didn't own this team. I wish Tom Hart wasn't the G.M. and I'm ready for Buck Showalter to manage some other team into the ground. It's really hard to root for the team when you're continually reminded of these fools. Let's not forget these brainiacs pay the Evil Empire $8 mil a year to take the best player in baseball off our hands. Yes, he's the Cooler. But it's the principle of the thing.
The news stations are lucky they didn't send any cameramen to record my doings right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring
a blog article or vice-versa? My blog goes over a lot of the same topics
as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you might be interested feel free to shoot
me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you!
Terrific blog by the way!

Review my homepage :: cheap health insurance