Tuesday, July 12, 2005

See how healthy I am

I recently decided to switch up my workout. This time, instead of haphazardly creating my own routine, I bought a book. Along with all the other helpful hints and weight lifting regimens the author suggested, lo, implored that I (reader) drink copious amounts of water. So Monday (yesterday), I arrived at work with the goal to do just that.
Water is already my drink of choice. Odds are if I'm drinking, it's water. So I have my trusty 32 oz. drinking cup memorializing Pudge Rodriguez's 1999 MVP and 2000 All-Star game appearance (timely sports tie-in) at the ready. I typically make it through about 3 cups in a given day, but today (Monday) I had a loftier pursuit in mind. Each cup full equals 1 quart. My goal? Two gallons. Eight Pudge Tumblers of wet, liquid, life giving goodness. So for you, dear reader(s), I kept a log. A log of when I completely downed a quart and, of course, I also logged to answer the question you all really have. "How many times did you go to the bathroom?"


I arrive at work a little before 7:30 a.m. My first Pudge Memorial Water Cup Full (PMWCF) was completed at 8:40 a.m. Twenty minutes later, my first Toilet Excretory Transaction (TE-T) took place. At 9:45, TE-T number two occurred. And yes, I saw
him. Yes, it was awkward. I was able to finish off PMWCF #2 before 10:00 a.m. The rest of the day went like this.

PMWCFTE-T
8:40 a.m.9:00 a.m.
9:51 a.m.9:45 a.m.
11:04 a.m.10:15 a.m.
11:40 a.m.10:35 a.m.
11:08 a.m.
12:58 p.m.12:08 p.m.
2:29 p.m.12:40 p.m.
3:16 p.m.2:28 p.m.
4:03 p.m.3:06 p.m.
3:48 p.m.
4:10 p.m.



So yes, I did indeed drink 2 gallons of water in an 8-hour period. And yes, I did wear out a path to the little boy's room.

No comments: