Friday, July 29, 2005

New music cavalcade

...well, at least to me.

As a service to my musically challenged friends, I'm going to give a quick review to some of the 12 new CD's I acquired (Yes, I'm streaky. I do things in bunches). Some are up to 4 years old, but they're new to me...and that's all that matters. In celebration of the upcoming football season albums will be rated on a scale from one to five helmets. Remember, most I've only listened through one time. Multiple listenings could affect rating.



Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning (2005) This guy can write some songs. Voice? Ehh.... But well worth it. Rating:




Shaun Groves - White Flag (2005) It's okay. I'm not sure it has the same number of songs that I really like (2 or 3) as his previous albums, but a solid offering of a concept album (Beatitudes). Rating:






The Thrills - Let's Bottle Bohemia (2004) Ehh...buddy. The word that comes to mind is jangly. Like they're trying to be a witty version of the Jayhawks. I've heard their earlier offering is better, so stay tuned. Rating:

No comments: