Thursday, January 12, 2006

I do not apply myself

There, I said it. Next time you click over here hoping to read something new and insightful and ridiculously funny and instead find the same headline from 6 weeks ago just know that it's not because I couldn't think of anything or because I'm too busy or because I don't love you enough. It's because I don't apply myself.

In a time of brief reflection during the new year this was my "big revelation." I think if you were to ask my friends and family if this were true, they would just fold their arms and slowly nod. Whether it be my career (heh, it's funny to even mention it), meeting those of the female persuasion, my relationship to the Almighty, concert attendance...whatever else you might dream up. I need to apply myself.

Now, I must admit I'm not completely sure how to pull that off so here's what I'll do. This year I resolve (even though I DO NOT make resolutions) to not give myself escape routes (I am a master at the escape). Ok, I probably still do that, but I really try not to and when I do, I hate myself even more than normal.

As far as this little site goes, hopefully I'm back.

2006 - No Escapes!

No comments: