Thursday, April 14, 2005

Delicious

First, I would feel remiss if I did not make some mention of the fact that...BASEBALL HAS RETURNED! Thank God. My security blanket is back. I attended the Ranger's home opener on Monday making it official. Hot dogs were consumed. Cotton candy became epoxy on the face of accompanying youngster. A spirited cry of “CHARGE!” exited my lips. Also, the Rangers lost said opener and my fantasy team is in 8th place, this rubber-stamping the official notification. So I say,"Hello baseball!"

Next, In the past I have noted bathroom oddities (Yes, he's still around...and yes, I still hear the song) but some recent events compel me to share. I’m starting to wonder if I the weird one. First, (less odd of the two) a guy using the stall, and I mean "USING THE STALL", chose not to lock the door. Was the lock broken? No. Just couldn't be troubled, I guess. Also, he didn't seem bothered at all when a Director walked in on him. The director in question was bothered, or at minimum shocked, by pushing open an unlocked stall door and finding it occupied, but he had no reaction to the event. Then a couple days later, as I "stand at the wall" I hear a digitized female voice behind me (that's where the stalls are). I realize that someone who is "using the stall" is also involved in a phone conversation! With a woman! Now, I'm no longer shocked running across the "stall sleeper" or the guy using the time to update his Blackberry or play games on a cell phone, but actually taking a call? But I must ask, "I'm the only one bothered by such behavior?"

Finally, can we go ahead and tag you as "bitter elitist" if after losing an election for the highest political office in the land you blame it on the fact that, "Leaflets are handed out saying Democrats vote on Wednesday, Republicans vote on Tuesday. People are told in telephone calls that if you've ever had a parking ticket, you're not allowed to vote." Huh? Yep, he said it. John F. Kerry thinks people are so dumb, that is, he thinks the people who were going to vote for him are so dumb that they thought the election was on Wednesday. Or that a traffic ticket deemed them ineligible to vote. Obviously, it doesn't, but I willing to say believing such things should. If you have to ask the question, "Can I still vote if I got caught for doing 42 in a 35?” the answer is, "No. May I have your ballot please?" End of story. Kerry voters...the Wednesday majority.

No comments: