Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I like slacks


"Why?", you say. Well, because mainly I find them to be the most comfortable pant choice. Just so we're clear (prolegomena?); jeans, chino's, and khaki's are not slacks. Slacks are usually a little dressier in nature. Often made of a thinner fabric than the list above. Although, I also enjoy my wool slacks.

Nonetheless, I like 'em. My preference would seem to be counter-cultural. Most people have their favorite pair of "comfortable jeans", but I find them heavy and not especially giving. My slacks on the other hand, remind me of my pajama pants, light and forgiving. Heck, I'm tempted to take a nap right now. It might be important to note that my workplace does not require such attire. In fact, I cause suspicion when I show up wearing something with cuffs and a pleat or two.

All this to say, if you've lived you life looking down on slacks because of some negative connotation they might have attained when you were a youngster, you should give them another try. They look smashing, they comfortable, plus if you get bored you can check out your thigh muscles through the thin material.

No comments: